Shopping for company vehicle


Over the past year running my photography business without a proper company vehicle that can accomodate my work at times can be danting. You struggle to find the right time and reason, but even then sometimes it may not fit all my equipments. Some of the shoots I attend to may be complex requiring me to almost bring every little items from my studio.

It is now the next step in my business to acquire a proper company vehicle that is large enough to fit my equipment and be self-reliance. Over the past weeks, I have been searching for the right size car and within my budget. My best buddy Ivan and I have been scouting many dealer shops across the island for a decent medium size van.

Being a visual person, hence a photographer I was no doubt attracted to the many Euro-vans with many nice features. But Euro-vans are not known for its reliability and low maintenance cost. After some persuasion from Ivan, I decided to go for the established Japanese brands which make more economic sense.

Today I had the dealer drove the Suzuki Carry 1.3L van to my house for a test drive. It is a nice spacious van, very new and well maintained. I have gathered a list of checklist, a must have when buying a second hand vehicle, the questions to ask the dealer as well as trying to negotiate a better deal.

Here it is a summary of the main items to check for:
Are there log book or service record book?
How much of the road tax will be provided?
What are the insurance?
What is the transfer fees?

Will you replace the worn tires?
Fix the seat?
Add a back sofa?

Open car bonnet and check engine
Turn engine off. Open oil filler cap and check inside of cap and engine for dirt. Take dip stick and check oil level and dirt.
Check spare tires and jack
Air con full blast. Check if cold.
Check oil drip
Check paint work, smooth no bump means no accident
Check car underneath no rust
Check seat belts condition
Lock and unlock all doors
Test lighting, wipers, CD player and all electrical parts

If all goes well, I will collect my van on wednesday.

Reference: Samarins.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orchard Road Christmas 2009 Light-up

King and Queen of NUS at Blackout Party 2010