My first blog


Wikipedia defines a blog a web site of log maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events or other material.

The word "photography" comes from the French photographie which is based on the Greek words "light" + "stylus" or "paintbrush" meaning "drawing with light.

Welcome to my photography blog. This is my first blog, an online diary to share with the internet community on my love and passion for photography.

I have been thinking for sometime now on whether I should start a blog as it commands much time and resource into it on a regular basis. Not only that, you kind of divulge your inner thoughts and expresses yourself to the community when you 'pen' the blog who are made up of mostly strangers. That held me back initially. I went ahead with it having decided that sharing your passion for the art outweighs any possible shortcomings as life is about going to places that challenges you and opening us to new horizons and new friends. As one sign in front of a backpacker's accommodation that I came across in Thailand that says "We are all friends from afar and our paths haven't yet cross".

This blog will focus solely on the art of photography, the beautiful images that are frozen in time when we release the shutter. Those amazing images that are captured which would otherwise in the moving world would have skip passed us. Those amazing images that made us stopped, question it, ponder over it or perhaps let out the word 'wow!'. Those images in a way can make us appreciate the world around us that our eyes don't usually take noticed.

This blog will have regularly postings of the thousands of film and digital images that I have captured around the world for over ten years as well as new images. In my surf through the internet any stunning images that I come across, I will share them here for all to enjoy.

I hope you will enjoy reading my blogs and discover the world of photography with me through the cockpit of Dragonplane.

Best, Stan Ngo

Go to the rest of the posts

Photo - Tokyo subway, the country where I bought my first SLR, a Nikon FE10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orchard Road Christmas 2009 Light-up

King and Queen of NUS at Blackout Party 2010