Drive to Tidbinbilla

I have spent the past two weeks visiting a beautiful national park south of Canberra called the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. I was there to implement a new tourist systems for their visitor centre.

The word 'Tidbinbilla' is Aboriginal in origin and is derived from the word Jedbinbilla – a place where boys become men.

I drove from Sydney to Canberra which is about 300km south. There it will be another 40km drive through through stunning valleys and mountains.

Close by the park is the Canberra Deep Space communication complex where I go to have my lunch. The complex is operated by NASA that listens to signals from outer space. The giant dish is a sight to behold.


Wikipedia on Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve - read
Canberra Deep Space communication complex - read

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orchard Road Christmas 2009 Light-up

King and Queen of NUS at Blackout Party 2010