Portrait Photography

"A portrait is a painting, photograph, sculpture, or other artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person."

Portrait photography is possibly my favourite form of photography. Unlike photographing still objects where there is limited appearance, shooting the human form allow us to experiment with all sort of creative images which is exciting yet challenging. The photographer can shoot the subject with different form of expression and emotion. Add to that, the photographer must interact positively with the subject to create the most ideal result.

The following images are one of my earliest portraits that I shot when I bought my first set of Bowen studio flash light. They are also one of my favourite black and white images that was shot on Kodak T-MAX film. During those days I have access to the darkroom so I was able to develop the film, process the film and printed the photographs. The images are scanned from prints which show the original border which was added during the printing process.

See all blogs on - model shoots

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orchard Road Christmas 2009 Light-up

King and Queen of NUS at Blackout Party 2010