Circus and Toast Box

Visiting Singapore in the weeks leading to Christmas is usually greeted with a city dressed with many Christmas decorations in shopping malls and streets. Many shopping malls would hold shows with Christmas themes to entice shoppers to spend more during the traditional high sales month. One such mall I was at was the Raffles City Shopping Centre.

For tea, I headed to the very large basement mall of restaurants and cafes where I chose to eat at the "Toast Box" which is designed after the old Singapore coffee shops of the turn of the century with wooden stools. Here they serve traditional Singapore kaya toast with street style coffee. Kaya is a Singapore/Malaysia coconut egg jam which is my favourite jam that I find irresistible.

Wikipedia - Kaya toast

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orchard Road Christmas 2009 Light-up

King and Queen of NUS at Blackout Party 2010