Christmas around the world

The season of Christmas festivity is upon us again. The holiday is celebrated by many people around the world and has become an important holiday in the calendar. Traditionally Christmas day is a religious and family event. These days non-christians around the world are also taking to the year-end holidays, to enjoy the celebration and Christmas has become a major event for retailers.

Do you ever wonder how Christmas is celebrated around the world? Some countries at the northern hemisphere may enjoy a white Christmas with snow fall while others will have a hot summer Christmas.

Over the years I had the opportunity to spend Christmas season in many countries around the world. In Nagano, Japan I celebrated a white christmas with my friends up in the ski mountain. Christmas day was wonderful with snow falling outside our beautiful and warm cottage house. Other cities I had the pleasure to spend Christmas was with my lovely aunty Yansee Wong at her home at Loma Linda in California. Other time it was in London and Toronto. Of course most Christmas day was spent with my family in Singapore and in recent years in Sydney.

Wherever you are celebrating Christmas, christians or non-christians, I like to wish you a very Merry Christmas. I hope you could spend the holidays with your loved ones and family, reflect on your achievements for 2008 with better hope and prosperity for the new year. Have a safe and happy holidays.

Best,
Stan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orchard Road Christmas 2009 Light-up

King and Queen of NUS at Blackout Party 2010